Saturday, November 05, 2005

Well there's a welcome back to seismic......delayed crew change. After management said that going alongside in the case of bad weather was an option, this was an off the cuff statement. It is not an option. We wait for good weather to allow choppers out. Tomorrow we try again and have 4 choppers planned. Whether thats four physical, air beating birds or 4 runs by the same we don't know. If this doesn't happen, we can have one on Monday, none on Tuesday, mutiny on Wednesday.....

Apart from that, we are deploying streamer, it's cold, windy, there's a big ass swell coming from the North and to cap it all off it's snowing!! The mood is as jolly on board as a cable tangle on Christmas day. Seemingly this crew always gets stiffed onboard by weather.

And as for my plans to buy 2 guitars, well they'll hold them till Monday and then we'll have to see. If this goes on any longer, I'll get one of the boys ashore money for a deposit.

So you can see know why I came back to my job. Arsing around in the cold, management arsing around with crew change, and my boss ordering his bird pictures whilst I freeze outside and he hasn't even looked at my training modules to sign them off! Long live the seismic dream..........

No comments: